Spanish lessons

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Learn Spanish all the way

¡Hola amigos! - Yes, that's Spanish, and means "hello friends!"

(note the fascinating inverted exclamation mark in front of Hola. That's how it's done in Spanish. It's also the same with question marks - an upside down one at the beginning of the sentence and one the right way up at the end). Certainly leaves no doubt!

This blog charts my personal journey to learn Spanish. I've learnt other languages in the past but never Spanish. And I've not done a lot of language learning since leaving school. So this Spanish learning project is quite a challenge. I wanted to chart my progress on the web. Not only to try to gain some more discipline while I learn the language, but perhaps it will also encourage others who want to learn Spanish as they watch my progress.

Why do I want to learn Spanish? Well, quite simply, I want to go and live, at least for some of the year in Latin America. I'm also single and unattached. And what better way to get to know a country than to date a person from that country, right?

One slight difficulty. Although Latina chicks seem to be totally gorgeous, most tend to speak little or no English. So if you want to say even "hello", let alone ask for a date, you'd better get started and learn some Spanish.

So let's get on with it! Oh, yes - in case you're wondering, the method I'm using is called Rocket Spanish. I looked at virtually all the courses I could find and that one seemed the best for me - starting with no Spanish and taking me forward to being competent in the shortest time.

Perhaps others would like to try it and we can compare notes and encourage one another! At least take a look and let me know your opinions.

Here it is again: Rocket Spanish

Thanks for reading so far.

Go learn Spanish !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home